Job Vacancy: Signage Apprenticeship
xsign is a leading company in architectural signage and large format graphics, supplying companies all over the UK as well as internationally as far as the USA and Middle East.
Sign Making Apprentice, Brackley
Due to continued growth, we now have an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to learn their trade in a fast paced, technology driven and highly skilled industry that can truly become a career for life. Sign Making is an essential industry and has been continually active in education, medical, corporate and health and safety.
Initially starting with an accredited NVQ apprenticeship, the role will focus on the production side of the company. You will learn all aspects of sign making including artwork creation and manufacturing as well as the opportunity to carry out on site installations around the UK.
- As an apprentice you will be learning a highly skilled trade and have many opportunities to learn about the latest techniques and equipment to produce signage and large format graphics including
- Operating a wide range of cutting equipment such as laser cutters to produce sign products including company logos or directional signage.
- Use of printing equipment including printing directly to materials such as Acrylic, Stainless Steel and Aluminium as well as learning how to print wallpaper graphics and more.
- Advanced skills in software such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign to produce proofs for client approval, as well as files for manufacturing.
- Application of paint using a spray booth and other applied finishes to a wide range of substrates.
- Preparation of surfaces and materials during the manufacturing process.
- Undertaking installation of a wide range of products in client locations and construction sites
- You will study towards a recognised NVQ qualification in Sign Making.
- Apprentices are trained on-site and are assessed on the premises periodically by Walsall College which has a unique history in sign making training.
- You will be working from the Brackley office with local and national site visits
Following on from completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity to secure a full-time position with the company who have a strong history of promotion from within with a low staff turnover. We provide on-going training and development for the right candidate, which in time may lead to other areas of the company, or potential management opportunities.
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with their hands and have an enthusiastic approach to learning.
- You must be flexible, committed, hardworking and have a positive outlook.
- Have GCSE Grades D or above to include Maths and English or equivalents
- You will be expected to work at a bench or operate machinery standing for long periods.
- Please ensure your travel arrangements enable you to meet the working hours stipulated.
- Live within a commutable distance to Brackley.
- An NVQ qualification (Level dependant on existing qualifications)
- Excellent training and future opportunities
- An apprentice salary
- Full time position
- All tools and equipment provided
Applicants should forward a CV to email@example.com