Sign Making Apprentice
Location: Brackley, Northants
Full time Permanent
25 days holiday
- As a Sign Making Apprentice you will be learning a highly skilled trade
- As a Sign maker you would be expected to contribute to the design, manufacture and installation of signs for a variety of uses, including interior modular signage, exterior signs for Architecture Graphics, business premises, indoor and outdoor exhibition displays, shop window signs etc.
- Using a range of materials, Perspex, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, MDF- Wood veneer, vinyl, plastic, metal and glass (used for illuminated or electronic signs).
- Your work as a sign maker will vary depending upon projects on your employer, but could include:
- Designing signs or working to a pre-prepared design
- Measuring and calculating signage sizes and layouts
- Preparing surfaces
- Using digital technology such as printers and plotters to produce letterintg/graphics/logo’s
- Installing signs on site
- Cutting out and building plastic/metal letters, logos and 3D shapes
- Applying paint backgrounds by brush, spray or roller
- Attaching graphics to backgrounds (if assembling a moulded sign)
- Bending glass into shape and fitting basic electrical wiring (if producing an illuminated or animated sign)
- You will be working from the Brackley office with local and national site visits
- The success candidate will have the ability to work with your hands and an enthusiastic approach to fabricating/assembly in a sign making environment. preferred
- You must be eager to learn, flexible, committed, hardworking, have a positive attitude, reliable and focused.
- Have GCSE Grades D or above to include Maths and English or equivalents
- Things to consider – You will be expected to work at a bench or operate machinery standing for long periods.
- Please ensure your travel arrangements enable you to meet the working hours stipulated.
- Live within a commutable distance to Brackley.
- An Apprentice salary
- Excellent training
- Future training and opportunities
- Full Time Permanent position
- All tools and equipment provided
Immediate interviews available. We will not consider applicants beyond a 50-mile radius
Apply via completing the form.